Re: mplayer with -loop 0 but w/o volume reset?

On Mon 02 Mar 2020 at 02:15:51 (+0100), Emanuel Berg wrote:
> > Can I use mplayer with -loop 0 _but_ with the
> > volume not resetting when the file ends and
> > begins again?
>
> mpv with --loop-playlist does this if one cares
> to change media player.

Yes, as mpv's manpage points out:

    "Normally, mpv will try to keep all settings when playing the next
     file on the playlist, even if they were changed by the user
     during playback. (This behavior is the opposite of MPlayer's,
     which tries to reset all settings when starting next file.)"

I see no option for overriding it in mplayer. There's a noticeable
hiatus between its loops anyway, which limits its usefulness.

Cheers,
David.