Re: Zoom conferencing

On 2/29/20 10:08 PM, Joel Rees wrote:
> (I hope no one gets upset about double posting debian and ubuntu users
> lists.)
>
> Questions about zoom -- www.zoom.us <http://www.zoom.us>
>
> Anyone using it?
>
> Issues?
>
> Known reasons they don't put it in the general repositories?

zoom is proprietary software as others have noted, so will never be in
Debian.

I use it daily without any issues to attend a meeting with audio and
shared screen from a presenter and a text chat window where I can
participate.  I have not used the microphone nor webcam options.

zoom launches from a terminal or your regular menu pull-down and does
not require any browser.  Audio works well thru pulse audio which I
adjust with pavucontrol.

Running debian stable 10.3
zoom Linux Client Version is 3.5.352596.0119

an update is avail which I'll install now.

Regards,
Ralph