Dolphin as root

Hi all,

Some time ago somebody decided that Dolphin was too dangerous when being used as root. (Don't lecture me on using sudo and not su.) My hobby work load is not subjected to any security problems, I am behind a pretty good firewall and I am a single user. I have to switch between user and root files a lot and the use of sudo is a pain you know where. For many reasons Dolphin was my goto package especially when copying or moving root files. I understand that the fury over the above change was so great that the developers backed off. To date I have not found a way to log in my Dolphin package as root. I am using KDE 5.14.5 desktop with Debian Buster and an AMD-64 processor.

There are a lot of forum entries telling how to correct the problem on Ubuntu but none of them work on Debian (missing software packages).

Can anyone tell me how to setup Dolphin for root use again. I have my Icon set up to ask for root login but the system won't allow its use.

Gary R.