Re: FOSS friendly PDA?

On 02/17/2020 09:01 AM, Kenneth Parker wrote:
There were two "pure Linux" PDAs that I fully enjoyed using.  [1] Agenda VR3.  It was a joy to use, but had a few downsides:  Batteries went down fast.  Even though the PDA was pure Linux, it didn't support Linux on your PC.  Screen was "iffy". And their Marketing wasn't good enough, for them to stay around.  (I still have mine, but the screen is barely readable).

[2] Sharp Zaurus.  Also a joy to use.  Unfortunately, I no longer have the hardware, but I think that there is still a User Community for them.

One of my favorite actions, was to Telnet (local network only!) to them, so that I get a large, full screen Shell on an "itsy bitsy" PDA.

Good luck on your search!

Kenneth Parker

If either were in current production and available in U.S. I would buy!
I'm attempting to do a "proof of concept" with readily available Raspberry Pi hardware. Currently selecting components.

If I'm happy with the result I'll investigate the use of Raspberry Pi Compute Module {https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/hardware/computemodule/datasheets/rpi_DATA_CM_1p0.pdf} to make something comfortably thin.