Re: FOSS friendly PDA?

On 02/11/2020 10:24 AM, Dan Ritter wrote:
Richard Owlett wrote:
I wish to enter/store data while away from home. The data will then be
transferred to my laptop via a USB cable. [Think the capability of one of
the old Palm Pilots in a smartphone(sic) form factor]

It must use a standard Linux (Debian preferred).
The manufacturer should ship with the Linux installed.
Android is *UNACCEPTABLE*!
It should NOT have cell connectivity.
If it has WiFi, I must be able to disable it.

You want a PinePhone.

https://www.pine64.org/pinephone/

Based on your history, you are now going to tell me that it's
unacceptable, because it's a phone.

ROFL
I had said "should NOT have cell connectivity."
It indeed can meet that preference in two ways:
 1. omit SIM card
 2. set switch to disable the cell modem

I can see practical procurement problems.
The site you gave hasn't updated to report on impact of Coronavirus.
There isn't any indication of any U.S. importer - I don't want to have the hassle of handling any duties or FCC type acceptance of the included RF components. My commercial operator license expired decades ago and have no idea what current rigamarole is now.

It does have a nice set of specs.

Go read about it before you do that.

-dsr-