Re: Fresh install UEFI debian-10.2.0-amd64-xfce-CD-1 will not boot

David wrote:
>On 2020-02-07 16:47, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>
>> If you *do* want to install to the removable media path too, then we
>> also support that but you have to ask for it. See
>>
>>    https://wiki.debian.org/UEFI#Force_grub-efi_installation_to_the_removable_media_path
>>
>> for details on how to do that. This will probably fix your problem.
>
>I would like to try this work-around:
>
>     "There is a d-i Rescue Mode option to force this - if you've just
>installed Debian on your UEFI system but it won't boot Debian
>afterwards, this may fix the problem for you."
>
>How do I accomplish it?  E.g. what choices do I make when booting d-i?
>Or, do I use the d-i rescue shell to issue some command?  What command?

You can add "rescue/enable=true" to the d-i command line to enable
resscue mode, or simply select the "Rescue mode" option from the d-i
boot menu (which is just an easier way to do that!). It will start d-i
as normal, then ask you to identify and mount the root device of the
system you're trying to fix.

  Armed with "Valor": "Centurion" represents quality of Discipline,
  Honor, Integrity and Loyalty. Now you don't have to be a Caesar to
  concord the digital world while feeling safe and proud.