Re: local network capability scanner?

just an ssh -Y connection, which may at times be supplemented as I also
use an sshfs "mount", which works well as long as its user 1000 on both
ends of the cable. Root access is disallowed going either way as part of
my security model here. I've long since given up on ever keeping an nfs
share work here for more than a month or so, somebody is always screwing
with it breaking established connections.  Samba/cifs has been broken at
weekly intervals since Tridgel? took on a partner many yeas ago now.

Try NFSv4

So I use what works, ssh and friends, which tries by encoding the
transfer to guard against MITM attacks. And is about 10000% more
dependable.

Who is going to MITM you on your own network?

Thanks David

Cheers, Gene Heskett

--
The Only Thing Necessary for The Triumph of evil is for Good Men To do Nothing!...