Re: local network capability scanner?

Later you said:
> But on really big writes, the ssd's decay to around 17-20 mb/s.

Surely here you meant MB/s?

If the SSDs will take data at 17-20 MBps then that will need more
than just (17-20) * 8 ie 136-160 Mbps data to be transferred across
the network, as far as I know.  There's protocol/control data that
is passed around as well.

In the past I found it simpler to multiply / divide by ten, so for 17
MB to pass across a network I'd assume the network would move
approximately 170 Megabits.   Maybe things are more efficient now?

Anyway if SSD speed is the issue, your network is presumably
moving nearer 170-200 Mbps to feed the disks at their max
rate.

That's nearly 20 times the "slow" data rate you mentioned in
your original question.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.