Re: debian format usb drive that a Mac likes

On 5/2/20 3:11 am, Charlie Gibbs wrote:

 > If one is on a debian system and formatting a usb drive
 > that will be recognized by a Mac, I know that xfs is usually
 > a good choice for the file system but what type of partition
 > are we supposed to use to enclose that xfs file system?

I know from personal experience that Macs recognize FAT32
(read/write) and NTFS (read only) - but not ext3.

I also had some success with exfat for a short while. Eventually accepted the inevetable and bought the NTFS writer.

Sad because apple decreed that pc 'too old' shortly after. It ran linux for another 5 years. Clearly they believe that thier own OS it too big.

--
Keith Bainbridge

keith.bainbridge.3216@gmail.com
0447 667 468