Re: Several issues with Xorg in debian/testing

Hi, Hans
I've had similar problems for the past couple years with 2 laptops
with Intel graphics. The problem is that someone on the kernel team
was jealous of the pretty Windows startup screens so they HAD to bring
them to Linux. So they put graphic mode setting in the kernel. So now
the graphic situation in Linux is like - if you consider your graphic
driver as Rembrandt painting pretty pictures on your screen, the
kernel is now like an 8 year old boy with attention deficit disorder
and a paintbrush, putting splotches and stripes on the canvas. You can
reduce the effects by modifying the /etc/default/grub file. Before you
modify the file, be sure you are familiar with logging in as root in
tty1 thru tty6 and re-editing the file with vi or nano to get X back.
Look at https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1613132 and
https://askubuntu.com/questions/618169.

Good luck
Jim Daldry