Several issues with Xorg in debian/testing

Dear list,

since almost 3 months I am noticing several issues, with xserver based
applications.

Please notice, that all the following described issues appeared all at once
and all on different systems. Please also note, that the different systems I am
mentioning are 32-bit as well as 64-bit and got different graphic cards.

And please note, that on all systems the same package versions are running.

The issues:

1. On my EEEPC,  X is running rather unstable. When hovering the mouse over
the taskbar, then the window manager is flickering and sometimes reinitialises
within a second. This is mostly seen in plasma (which of course needs most
performance), but also appears in LXDE (but quite seldom).

2. On my other notebook, which is using a Nvidia graphics card, it appears,
when plasma is starting while I am in another console (i.e. tty 2), and the
switch to console 7 (where X is started), then it appears, that letters from
the description of the icons or in the taskbar are disappeared. But not all,
only a few. So for example there is not the word "wireshark", but the word
"w r s har ". Also the numbers for the different virtual desktops are gone.
This issue is not only related to the icon names, but to all text.

When starting plasma while switched to tty7 this issue never happens.

You may think, this is a plasma problem, however, I believe, it appears
especially in plasma, because plasma needs the most ressources.

I would file a bugreport, but I am not exatly sure, which package is
responsible for these issues. Is it X? Plasma? Libs? They all play together,
but maybe someone did notice these things also.

Last but not least, it looks like a system problem, as both computers got very
different hardware - the EEEPC is 32-bit and has a i915 graphics chip, whilst
the Acer is 64-bit and has a Nvidia GF8600 card.

Both are running debian/testing.

Thank you for reading this, and if someone discovered these things, too, I
would be happy this to be confirmed.

Best regards

Hans