Re: Cuda sdk for Debian?

An Liu writes:

Hi,

As there is no Cuda offical support for debian from NVIDIA,anyone could share any Cuda experience.

Or does install media for Ubuntu work for Debian

[...]

Hello,

last time I used CUDA was in 2016 so this knowledge might be outdated.

Back then, I ran the CUDA SDK in a chroot and that worked well. Note that I only ever ran the tools and compiler, not the actual applications because these were sent to a cluster for computation.

Unfortunately, I cannot recall, if it was an Ubuntu or Debian chroot, but Debian is quite likely.

The other thing is: As it seems, (today) CUDA is also packaged in the non- free section of Debian, so you might try out installing this package first:
nvidia-cuda-toolkit.

HTH
Linux-Fan