Re: can't mount sdf1 in stretch, gparted claims its fat32

On Tuesday 04 February 2020 07:47:58 songbird wrote:

> Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Monday 03 February 2020 23:56:47 David Wright wrote:
> >> Well, at least one of my guesses was correct.
> >>
> >:)
> >
> > FWIW, the reboot fixed the can't mount, both partitions on this sd
> > card now mount normally, but are on /dev/sde now since the were
> > found at bootup. I've had this happen before, back before the other
> > mobo caught fire.
>
>   that is why i always put a label on a file system and
> mount it using that in the fstab.
>
>   i hate how devices can change out from under you
> otherwise.  some people use the UUIDs but i don't like
> those or have enough devices where i want to use them.
> labels work very well for me.

Me too, so I usually label the permanent stuff at least. UUID's can and
will change for no detectable reason. The only time a name changes is if
the medium has become incontinent on its way to totally dying. But thats
a SWAG, as I've never had it happen on my watch.

>   songbird

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis