Re: could not resolve deb.debian.org after installing via debian live image

On Mon 03 Feb 2020 at 10:00:23 +0100, Thomas Schmitt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Tamar Nirenberg's apt-get wrote:
> > Err:3 cdrom://[Official Debian GNU/Linux Live 10.2.0 gnome 2019-11-16T10:36]
> > buster Release
> > Please use apt-cdrom to make this CD-ROM recognized by APT. apt-get update
> > cannot be used to add new CD-ROMs
> > [...]
> > E: The repository 'cdrom://[Official Debian GNU/Linux Live 10.2.0 gnome
> > 2019-11-16T10:36] buster Release' does not have a Release file.
>
> Do you have "deb cdrom:" lines in your sources.list ?
> If so, comment them out and try whether these complaints vanish.

The complaints will probably not vanish but commenting this source out
makes it easier to interpret the output of 'apt update'.

> > E: The repository 'file:/media/deploy/UUI buster Release' is not signed.
> > N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore
> > disabled by default.
> > N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration
> > details.

I get that without [trusted=yes].

> I understand that apt-secure can be used to create a signed repo.
> I assume that you'd have to copy the ./dist and ./pool trees to a writable
> filesystem before producing the signature.

This route very much complicates matters, IMO.

> But the internet proposes as quick workaround in sources.list:
>
>   deb [trusted=yes] file:/media/deploy/UUI buster main

> (documented in man sources.list)

Works for me.

> Aren't any sources.list experts present who could keep me from guessing
> around ?

You are doing ok without us so-called experts.

--
Brian.