Re: apt-get build-dep emacs-gtk: unmet dependencies

On Sun, Feb 2, 2020, 9:51 AM İ. Göktuğ Kayaalp <self@gkayaalp.com> wrote:
Hi all,
Lastly, there was an error during installation yesterday, package
installation was paused when I returned to my computer, so I restarted
the installation process.  It downloaded one more package and installed
it, and the rest was fine.  Could that have anything to do with the
present situation?

In my experience with 8 and before, yes, it may be a sign of trouble ahead. Was there an apt-get process spinning on a CPU after that point in the install?
IIRC the network-assisted install of a package may have failed because the pkg couldn't be found online (say, with sources.list in some certain state). Then the install asks for the next mount but fails quietly. It's a couple years since Ive had to deal with this.

Thanks in advance,
        -gk.

--
İ. Göktuğ Kayaalp / @cadadr / <https://www.gkayaalp.com/>
pgp:   024C 30DD 597D 142B 49AC 40EB 465C D949 B101 2427