Re: apt-get build-dep emacs-gtk: unmet dependencies

İ. Göktuğ Kayaalp wrote:

> I follow Emacs' master branch for my day-to-day use, so I need to build
> it manually for my daily workflow.  Yesterday I did a fresh reinstall of
> Debian 10, after which I haven't been able to install build dependencies
> for emacs25 or emacs-gtk.  The error is as follows:
>
> ,----
> | Reading package lists... Done
> | Picking 'emacs' as source package instead of 'emacs25'
> | Reading package lists... Done
> | Building dependency tree
> | Reading state information... Done
> | Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
> | requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
> | distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
> | or been moved out of Incoming.
> | The following information may help to resolve the situation:
> |
> | The following packages have unmet dependencies:
> | builddeps:emacs : Depends: libtiff-dev but it is not going to be
> | installed Depends: libgnutls28-dev but it is not going to be installed
> | Depends: libmagick++-6.q16-dev but it is not going to be installed
> | E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
> `----

But libgnutls28-dev is in buster

https://packages.debian.org/buster/amd64/libgnutls28-dev/download

perhaps you need to setup the sources properly and apt-get update/upgrade
and try again

same for libtiff-dev

https://packages.debian.org/buster/amd64/libtiff-dev/download

and libmagick++-6.q16-dev