Re: dislocker package broken, fix in 'sid'. How long 'til in backports?

On Du, 02 feb 20, 00:27:54, Michael Bonert wrote:
> I am running Debian stable (buster).
>
> The dislocker backport doesn't work for files from Windows 10 1903 (as noted
> here: https://www.mail-archive.com/debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org/msg1710592.html
> )

According to https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=dislocker there
is no backport for buster, only for stretch.

> I noted that the latest version of dislocker in 'sid' (unstable) is 0.7.1-5
> ( https://packages.debian.org/sid/utils/dislocker )
>
> The release notes for 0.7.1-5 ( https://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs//main/d/dislocker/dislocker_0.7.1-5_changelog
> )
> say:  "Added new patches to support Support Windows 10 1903 and fix build
> issues.Thanks to haobinnan <haobinnan@gmail.com>" - sounds like exactly what
> I'd like to have.
>
> How long will it take for 0.7.1-5 to appear as a backport?

It has already migrated to testing (bullseye), so this is one
pre-condition already fulfilled.

On the other hand buster has 0.7.1-4+b1. Depending on the complexity of
the change it might qualify for a stable update (i.e.
buster-proposed-updates and buster proper on the next point release).

You should ask the package maintainer(s) about their plans, if any.

Kind regards,
Andrei