Re: Fresh install UEFI debian-10.2.0-amd64-xfce-CD-1 will not boot

Le jeudi 30 janvier 2020 06:30:04 UTC+1, David Christensen a écrit :
> On 2020-01-29 10:51, David Christensen wrote:
> >      root@d-i:/# grub-install --target x86_64-efi-signed
> >      grub-install: error: /usr/lib/grub/x86_64-efi-signed/modinfo.sh
> > doesn't exist. Please specify --target or --directory.
>
> I was able to install grub for x86_64-efi:
>
> 	root@d-i:/# grub-install --target x86_64-efi
> 	Installing for x86_64-efi platform.
> 	Installation finished. No error reported.
>

> But, the drive still will not boot in the PowerEdge T30, UEFI, with or
> without Secure Boot, or in the DQ67SW, UEFI without Secure Boot.
>

> Is anybody booting and running Buster from a GPT disk using UEFI?  With
> or without Secure Boot?
>

> David

In your case (USB removable device), perhaps (not sure) you will succeed with the --removable or --force-extra-removable options of grub-install. There is a similar option in the expert mode of installation of Debian at the grub installation step.

I have already run Debian in UEFI (non Legacy mode), GPT and Secure Boot with no  problem (Secure Boot mode: briefly, I am using Insecure Mode).