Re: Back to systemd [was: Re: New list for Raspbian? (was: Re: systemdq)]

tony <lists@vanderhoff.org> wrote:
> On 31/12/2019 15:34, Sven Hartge wrote:
>> Kenneth Parker <sea7kenp@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> +1 for information, on where System Files are stored on Debian, as well as
>>> for the reminder of the "/usr Merge" that might hit a fan someday.
>>
>> The usr-merge is already here, if you install Debian Buster. The
>> installer creates a usr-merged filesystem and you, short of remastering
>> the Installer image to remove the option, have no way of configuring
>> this.

> Well, a while ago, I upgrade my stretch to buster, but I see no
> evidence of symlinks to /usr in my root fs. How come?

Only newly installed systems using the Installer from the Debian Buster
ISOs create a usr-merged system. Upgraded sytems are (not yet) affected.

I personally find the way the usr-merge was and is handled quite
annoying and key DDs, starting with the dpkg Maintainer Guillem Jover,
are also not impressed by the way this was pressed into service, kind of
at the last minute while concerns with it were not addressed.

Grüße,
Sven.

--
Sigmentation fault. Core dumped.