Re: New list for Raspbian? (was: Re: systemdq)

On Monday 30 December 2019 12:40:14 rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:

> On Monday, December 30, 2019 10:40:42 AM Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:
> > There are already support channels for raspbian:
> > https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/ . True, it's a forum, not a
> > mailing list, but it's probably better to use that than to split
> > support in two places.
>
> Disclaimer: I don't have a raspberry pi, so am sort of an innocent
> bystander (from the peanut gallery), but I find forums much less
> convenient than mail lists.
>
> I guess to (probabbly mis-) use some terminology from a different
> context, email is "push" and a forum is "pull".

Whatever, the diff is that everyone on the list gets to at least look at
_all_ the headlines, tapping the + key (I use kmail from TDE) if this
one has no interest or you can't contribute meaningfull info, and that
seems to get a lot more "participation". Forums, where you have to
search for trigger terms, just don't seem to do it, at least for me. I
have yet to discover a forum that could use the search term new, to show
you everything since your last visit. Fetchmail OTOH, pulls everything
new every 2 minutes here.  Lots more realtime conversational.

Thanks all.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis