Re: realtime kernel on ARM hardware

Quoting Gene Heskett (2019-12-30 16:48:20)
> On Monday 30 December 2019 10:01:59 Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>
> > Quoting Gene Heskett (2019-12-30 15:39:20)
> >
> > > This one has to do with building a pre-empt-rt kernel for armhf,
> > > which allows linuxcnc to run in uspace. But subjectwise it wanders
> > > badly but I'd like to show one full chain of recent events:
> >
> > [ Raspbian details snipped ]
> >
> > How do Debian with linux-image-rt-* perform on that hardware?
> >
> > https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=linux-image-rt
> >
> I can't directly answer that, Jonas, as I shifted my attention to
> raspbian when I tried a netinstall of the buster original image and
> found it was arm64.

I fully understand how running 32bit has its use even for hardware
supporting 64bit.  But if I understand you correctly that you tried only
the arm64 image before giving up and moving to a different distribution,
then I don't understand why - Buster support both armhf and arm64:
https://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/

[ Armbian details snipped ]

 - Jonas