Re: systemdq

Quoting Andrei POPESCU (2019-12-29 14:21:30)
> On Sb, 28 dec 19, 12:06:25, Gene Heskett wrote:

> > > Another hopefully good suggestion. Thanks, and I'll try it.

> > > Raspian Buster.
> >
> > One problem, raspian buster is armhf, debian is arm64.
>
> Debian also has an armhf port[1].
>
> Raspbian (note the 'B') was created because Debian's armhf port requires
> an ARMv7 processor, whereas the original Raspberry Pi (Raspberry Pi 1
> model B) is ARMv6.

Thanks a lot for mentioning loudly which system is used.

Raspbian is not Debian.  Please discuss Raspbian-specific issues in
Raspbian forums.

Feel free to discuss issues here which are same on Debian and
derivatives of Debian, but as soon as that is suspected to not be the
case - as is the case here - check that the issue is repeatable with
Debian, or stop discuss it further here.

Reason for that is that it is super confusing and leads to a lot of
noise and wrong assumptions to discuss partly incompatible systems.

"armel" and "armhf" and "arm64" are *Debian* names for their ports.

Raspbian ports are *different* from Debian but possibly use same names.
Super confusing at a low level, causing those unaware of the low level
differences to clutter further discussions with confusing potentially
wrong or misleading suggestions and assumptions.

Please don't.

 - Jonas