considering a new system and a sshd hybrid drive

Dear all,

Last year I had read some articles when I was looking to build a
system there seemed to problems with hybrid drives. Does anybody know
how things stand/look today and if anybody had any good/bad experience
with them ?  IIRC, the issues were more to do with the firmware rather
than the hardware, is it the same or have things improved ? which
package I should be looking at if I'm looking for solutions ?

I am ok with using either a stable or an alpha/debian-installer
snapshot if people have had good experience.

Just so people have an idea about what hybrid drives are all about,
here are couple of links

https://www.seagate.com/in/en/do-more/how-to-choose-between-hdd-storage-for-your-laptop-master-dm/

https://www.howtogeek.com/195262/hybrid-hard-drives-explained-why-you-might-want-one-instead-of-an-ssd/

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल

E493 D466 6D67 59F5 1FD0 930F 870E 9A5B 5869 609C