Re: Digtal microscope

Kamil =?iso-8859-2?Q?Jo=F1ca?= writes:

> I want to buy microscope, but I do not know if any would work under
> linux.
> I suspect that most of them are visible as a camera (with PTP/MTP
> protocol) but I  cannot found many descriptions.
>
> For example:
> https://www.levenhuk.com/catalogue/microscopes/levenhuk-d2l/#more
> does anybody had experiences with this?
> KJ

Most of the inexpensive USB microscopes, (~ 100 X, US $20 from the
Internet stores,) will work with vlc(1), which does snap pictures
of your work, etc.

    John

BTW, make sure you buy one with the calibration slide, (its a small
sheet of plastic with 0.1mm, or so, calibration marks,) that goes
over your work for measuring. They are available separately, but
pricy for a piece of plastic the size of a postage stamp.

--

John Conover, conover@rahul.net, http://www.johncon.com/