Re: Home made backup system

Am 18.12.19 um 18:02 schrieb rhkramer@gmail.com:
> A purpose of sending this to the mailing-list is to find out if there already
> exists a solution (or parts of a solution) close to what I'm thinking about
> (no sense re-inventing the wheel), or if someone thinks I've overlooked
> something or making a big mistake.

For my Linux based servers I use Dirvish Backup, a rsync based backup
solution which works with hardlinks, so you can always have a backup of
the whole root tree of your servers and save a lot of space. It works
local and also remote over ssh, you can add pre and post scripts for
example to stop and start database servers, or make database snapshots:

http://dirvish.org/

Klaus