how do I restore the media volume controls on the new FF?

Greetings all;

Apparently, while I was in the shop getting my ticker repaired this past
week, firefox must have updated itself as I now have quantum 68.3.0esr
according to the about.

But all the hot keys have been disconnected so I have no quick volume
controls and am forced to find the teeny little slider volume control at
the bottom of the video window.

How can I restore the function of the volume control keys at the top of
the keyboard?

I could also roll the mouse button while hovering over the video, to
adjust the volume but that was subject to a switch of some kind that
replaced screen scrolling but I never found that switch except by
accident.

That was handy too. Can that be made to work reliably?

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis