Re: Fetchnews (was Re: Home made backup system)

rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, December 20, 2019 09:40:28 PM songbird wrote:
>> Kenneth Parker wrote:
>
>> > Could you please ship me a personal email, on how you configured gmane
>> > and LKML to read debian-user?
>
>>   i'd rather post public messages as that way if anyone
>> else is reading along or searching they can also use the
>> information if they like.  that's why i like usenet.
>

> +1, and thanks from the peanut gallery

  you're welcome!

  i should also say that when you first subscribe to a
group on gmane then it will not need any setup that i
recall.  however, when you reply to your first message
from a gmane group it will send you a confirmation e-mail
asking you to make sure it was really you who sent the
message.  you only need to do this once per each gmane
group you actually reply to.

  songbird