Re: Build Kernel 5.5 RC1 for Raspberry4

On 20.12.19 20:41, mick crane wrote:
> On 2019-12-20 19:28, deloptes wrote:
>> Nigel Sollars wrote:
>>
>>> You might want to run make menuconfig after copying the config ..
>>> perhaps do the same with the 4.19 kernel also and do a compare of
>>> 'what is' and 'what is not' there in the 5.5 perhaps things have been
>>> moved around a bit in the kconfig stuff.
>>>

>> Not sure if this is still true, but I always run make oldconfig and then
>> make menuconfig
>
> I seem to remember things like
> "make dist-clean"
> and
> "make mrproper"
> or something if you wanted to try it twice

i have done make menuconfig and / or make dist-clean and so on.
build the kernel does not seem the problem. it looks like rpi4 cant boot
this. but i have no rpi3 at the moment to test if it runs on it.

some days ago i read on a place i cant remember that the boot process on
rpi4 is different to the older versions. perhaps this is the goal to fix?

ubuntu for example use u-boot on rpi. for me its not clear why they do
so, instead of booting the kernel direct?