Re: Firefox equivalent of SeaMonkey's pref.js

On 20/12/2019 10:52, Richard Owlett wrote:
As I date from Netscape era I much prefer SeaMonkey.
However when I did a reasonably default install of Debian 9.8 I got
Firefox 60.5.0esr .
Due to *OPERATOR ERROR*, I mangled a preference.
On the mozilla.general list I was told to edit pref.js .
For SeaMonkey I have no problem.
For Firefox where/what is equivalent file/directory? ?? ??? ???? ??????
TIA

prefs.js (with an "s"):

~/.mozilla/firefox/$PROFILE/prefs.js

where $PROFILE is the generated profile directory. If you have multiple profiles, you can find all instances of prefs.js with:

find ~/.mozilla/firefox -name prefs.js

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben@transient.nz>