Re: help with installation?

On 12/19/2019 09:51 AM, Kenneth Parker wrote:

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019, 9:19 AM Greg Wooledge <wooledg@eeg.ccf.org <mailto:wooledg@eeg.ccf.org>> wrote:

    On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 12:47:56PM +0000, Joe wrote:
     > > 1.  I want to install via Live USB.

    Why?  The Live images are not meant to be installed.  They're meant
    to be run from removable media.

That was never my understanding.  If you are, as I used to be, "Internet Challenged", go somewhere, where you can "borrow Internet", get the full DVD, make sure that it works, and then install it from the DVD.

Then, go to the Coffee House and upgrade it.   (Yes:  "good old days").

Also, if the Live Images are not meant to be installed, why supply a Good, Working Install routine?

Kenneth Parker

I've been casually following this thread.
I'm wondering if the OP's definition of "Live" conforms to the Debian definition.

I am moderately bandwidth challenged and have a tendency to do multiple from scratch installs. I usually purchase a DVD set. If I want to only see if a new release solves a problem I will download DVD#1 of the set and then install from a USB copy. YMMV.