Re: Broken PMTUD / ICMP blackhole?

On Wed, 18 Dec 2019 13:58:38 -0600
John Hasler <jhasler@newsguy.com> wrote:

> Celejar writes:
> > I assume the phone first just routes them from wifi to cellular. I'm
> > not familiar with how it then transmits them over the cellular link.
>
> It has to encapsulate them in some way for the cellular protocol.
>
> > Yes, but that happens with virtually all this machine's network
> > connections.
>
> I thought you said it only happened when using tethering.

I suppose I misunderstood you. I meant that the wifi encapsulation
takes place with virtually all the machine's network connections,
since it is rarely connected via wired ethernet, and that this
encapsulation was therefore not likely the cause of the problem,
since the problem only occurs when tethering.

Celejar