Re: Broken PMTUD / ICMP blackhole?

Celejar writes:
> Yes, except that I don't see this message consistently. I assume that's
> some sort of upstream flakiness.

It has to do with TLS.  Recent changes in the protocol have had the
result that it sometimes sends packets too large for the standard MTUs.
These packets cannot be fragmented, so you get intermittent problems
that seem like they must be at the other end.  I've had to reduce my MTU
to 1300.

--
John Hasler
jhasler@newsguy.com