Re: Impossible to type "ù"

On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 06:27:57PM -0600, Mark Allums wrote:
> On 12/16/19 3:53 PM, Pétùr wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I cannot type "ù" anymore on Debian Xfce Sid (French keyboard).
> >
> >All other accented character (éàûè) work but the cursor just
> >blinked when using the dedicated key for "ù".
> >
> >Any clue?
>
> Bad key?

Hm. That would be my first guess too, but the "blink" of the cursor
at least hints towards "the key is doing something", which goes counter
that hypothesis.

You might try two things:

 - first, hitting your ù key twice (or hitting space, then ù).
   Who knows, perhaps ù mutated into a dead key

 - second, start "xev" (package xutils) and hit the key. This
   would describe what your X is seeing.

Cheers
-- tomás