Re: Impossible to type "ù"

On Mon 16 Dec 2019 at 22:53:23 (+0100), Pétùr wrote:
> I cannot type "ù" anymore on Debian Xfce Sid (French keyboard).
>
> All other accented character (éàûè) work but the cursor just blinked
> when using the dedicated key for "ù".

[…]

> I tried different keyboard configuration with
>
> # dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration
>
> the current one:
>
> # cat /etc/default/keyboard
> # KEYBOARD CONFIGURATION FILE
>
> # Consult the keyboard(5) manual page.
>
> XKBMODEL="pc105"
> XKBLAYOUT="fr"
> XKBVARIANT=""
> XKBOPTIONS="compose:lwin,terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp"
>
> BACKSPACE="guess"

You don't say what the dedicated key for ù is, but I would expect that
you might need something like lv3:ralt_switch in your XKBOPTIONS
to get it from one keystroke. I think I'm assuming you have a R-Alt
key, sometimes engraved AltGr. (Being English, I compose ù with `u.)

All that said, your use of "anymore" might suggest a bug in sid.

Cheers,
David.