Re: New Install Boots to Grub

Le 16/12/2019 à 16:55, Dr. Jason Amerson a écrit :
Hello,

I installed Debian 10.2.0 from a USB drive and the installation finished without errors. The only thing that happened during install is that it was unable to setup the network. Anyways, I removed the USB drive and rebooted the computer. It then booted into grub.

This is expected, as GRUB is Debian's default boot loader.

There was a message telling me I can press TAB to get a list of commands

This is less expected. GRUB should display a menu.
What was the GRUB prompt, simply "grub>" or "grub rescue>" ?
If "grub>", the config file grub.cfg is missing.
If "grub rescue>", GRUB was not installed properly.

but I know nothing about grub and I do not know how to fix the computer so that it boots into Debian. Will someone please help me with this?

If you don't know GRUB shell's syntax, then I guess the easier way is to boot the Debian installer, select "rescue", follow the steps and reinstall GRUB when the option is offered. Make sure you select the proper root/boot partition.