Re: unstable: directory pulse in root directory : /pulse where from?

On Sat, Dec 14, 2019 at 10:04:34AM +0100, Jörg-Volker Peetz wrote:
> $ dpkg -S /pulse
> dpkg-query: no path found matching pattern /pulse
>
> fails to give any clue.
> The directory is generated at boot-time. But I wasn't able to find any hint in
> systemd or udev conf-files.

Well, the first thing I would try would be "grep -r /pulse /etc".
And if that fails, "grep -r /pulse /lib/systemd".

If *those* both fail... well, I might be crazy enough to try removing
the offending directory, doing "chattr +i /", then rebooting, and seeing
who complains when they can't create the /pulse directory.  Only on a
system where I have local hardware access, of course -- not a remote.

Do not forget to remove the immutable bit after your test is complete.

And as a wise reader already said, it's probably pulseaudio.  Meaning,
you might be able to test without rebooting, by stopping pulseaudio,
removing the directory, and starting pulseaudio, to see if it gets
recreated.