Re: User Forgets Aliases

On Sat, Dec 14, 2019 at 04:27:39AM -0500, Stephen P. Molnar wrote:
> I find that I have to source the .bashrc use the aliases.

My guess is that you:
1) created a ~/.bash_profile and forgot to tell it to source ~/.bashrc; or
2) altered your ~/.profile in such a way that it no longer sources
   ~/.bashrc; or
3) somehow are no longer using bash as your shell when you launch a
   terminal, or when you login to a shell session.

In any case, if your shell is bash, your PROFILE (which is one of the
three files ~/.bash_profile or ~/.bash_login or ~/.profile) must source
or dot in ~/.bashrc.

If none of these shotgun guesses match your problem, then please provide
details.  What version of Debian, how do you login, how do you get to an
interactive shell.