Re: looking for a replacement for debian since systemd

On 12/14/19 5:29 AM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
Hi Alessandro,

Quoting Alessandro Vesely (2019-12-14 13:23:14)
On Sat 14/Dec/2019 03:18:39 +0100 Kenneth Parker wrote:

I use Devuan, especially on older hardware.   Works well.

Good to know.  For the time being, I see SysV is working.  I'm on
old-stable Debian.  As, in a few months, it will be time to migrate,
I'll have to decide on Devuan (current) vs. Buster.  Any
recommendation on that?  Will the voted resolution shred any light on
migration strategies?

Since this is a Debian list, I recommend to discuss Debian here, and
consult Devuan mailinglist for details of what they can offer.

The vote currently in Debian will affect _future_ releases of Debian,
not the current stable release, Buster.

For Debian Buster (regardless of the outcome of the vote) SysV is a
supported init system: Please do report any flaws you may encounter!

Kde5 on buster without systemd don't work, all kde5 is config for systemd, screen settings and pluseaudio will not save settings, to bad, so sad.

Give it a try and see for yourself.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Slackware64 14.2 - KDE 4.14.32 - AMD A8-7600 - EXT4 at sda5
Registered Linux User #380263