Re: looking for a replacement for debian since systemd

On 12/13/19 1:55 PM, Britton Kerin wrote:
I see from below vote that we're working on dumping other init systems
now as expected.  Luckily I've given up on debian since systemd in the
first place and am in long process of finding a replacement.

Some options are slackware it comes with xfce and kde4, slackware live with kde5, another is mxlinux for xfce, it's real nice, probably the best xfce desktop I've seen if you like xfce and it's using debian, and another is pclinuxos it has xfce and kde5. I'm running pclos kde5, slackware 14.2, slackware current and slackware live kde5 and I'm still testing debian but I don't think it's linux anymore than windows10 is, just another mainstream backdoor. Already mentioned are bsd and devuan and devuan has some forks to look at too.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Slackware64 14.2 - KDE 4.14.32 - AMD A8-7600 - EXT4 at sda5
Registered Linux User #380263