Re: looking for a replacement for debian since systemd

On 15/12/19 7:53 am, ghe wrote:
>> On Fri, Dec 13, 2019, 17:12 Britton Kerin <britton.kerin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I see from below vote that we're working on dumping other init systems
>>> now as expected.  Luckily I've given up on debian since systemd in the
>>> first place and am in long process of finding a replacement.
>
> Might want to take a look at the BSDs too, if you'd like to learn some
> new stuff.
>
> I tried a while back (the 'ballot' on the Debian site says not to
> badmouth systemd), and freeBsd was the one I came closest to getting to
> run. Very nice people, and I know a couple admins who swear by it.

Yes, it is so bad and pointless (other than for which has been said
about making it ripe as a corporate alternative to RHEL); it wouldn't
surprise me if there was a lot more to Ian Murdock's demise.  He would
be turning in his grave right now, I was him, I sure would be.

A.