Re: looking for a replacement for debian since systemd

On 14/12/2019 20:53, ghe wrote:
>> On Fri, Dec 13, 2019, 17:12 Britton Kerin <britton.kerin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I see from below vote that we're working on dumping other init systems
>>> now as expected.  Luckily I've given up on debian since systemd in the
>>> first place and am in long process of finding a replacement.
> Might want to take a look at the BSDs too, if you'd like to learn some
> new stuff.
>
> I tried a while back (the 'ballot' on the Debian site says not to
> badmouth systemd), and freeBsd was the one I came closest to getting to
> run. Very nice people, and I know a couple admins who swear by it.
>
> I came back to Linux because the disk and Ethernet names in /dev were so
> much easier to deal with in Linux. I see Linux has fixed that now...

Why do people get so het up about Ethernet names in Linux? They're
renamable quite easily. So you can have "eth0" or "ens92" or "wlp0s41"
or "internet" or "Local Area Connection 1" if you like. Well, perhaps
not the last one. I'm not sure about spaces.