Re: looking for a replacement for debian since systemd

> On Fri, Dec 13, 2019, 17:12 Britton Kerin <britton.kerin@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I see from below vote that we're working on dumping other init systems
>> now as expected.  Luckily I've given up on debian since systemd in the
>> first place and am in long process of finding a replacement.

Might want to take a look at the BSDs too, if you'd like to learn some
new stuff.

I tried a while back (the 'ballot' on the Debian site says not to
badmouth systemd), and freeBsd was the one I came closest to getting to
run. Very nice people, and I know a couple admins who swear by it.

I came back to Linux because the disk and Ethernet names in /dev were so
much easier to deal with in Linux. I see Linux has fixed that now...

--
Glenn English