Re: looking for a replacement for debian since systemd

On Sb, 14 dec 19, 14:05:43, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 14, 2019 at 08:46:55AM -0500, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> > Discussions have been taking place on debian-vote (specific to this
> > vote), but also debian-project, debian-devel, and various other Debian
> > mailing lists.  For. A. Long. Time.
>
> The disassociation between the population of debian-user and the project
> itself, as evidenced by the puzzling over that ballot (I wonder who's it
> was), is still eye-opening to me. Not a good thing IMHO.

The subscribers of debian-user are not necessarily representative of the
entire Debian user community.

Additionally - as you are surely aware - interested Debian users
(whether subscribers of debian-user or not) are free to follow other
lists, such as debian-devel-announce:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2019/10/msg00002.html
https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2019/11/msg00001.html

In my opinion it was probably better that only a few non-Debian Members
got involved. The discussions were difficult enough.

Kind regards,
Andrei