Re: apparent change in hostnames on LAN without admin intervention

On 2019-12-14 03:04, Jape Person wrote:

I could be quite wrong, but I thought that "local" was actually
suggested as a domain name at one time by the installer. (And I could
be remembering a different distro, though I've been using Debian for a
long time -- at least 10 years, I think.) I suppose I just continued
to use it over the years out of habit.

I had the same thing a while back. I too always thought .local was the recommendation and at the time .home was used by a phone company so thought it best not to use that.

Seem to remember having trouble tracking down everywhere it is mentioned.
good luck

mick
--
Key ID    4BFEBB31