Re: Install buster, mouse lag

On 13.12.2019 1:34, guy MARQUIS wrote:
Linux,

I am sad, I didn't get a response to my mouse lag question. Yes after 24 hours I get a blue ribbon for impatience.

I read one forum that sounded similar to the bug I am getting, but it related to an AMD/GPU hybrid. And suggested setting the processor definition to ordinary instead of hybrid. Sounded way beyond my skill level.

In theory, my older hardware; 2011, was the same as that which the package I am trying to install was written on and for. Which is what makes it frustrating. A filesharing app like zfs/glusterfs has been put aside for sparkle apps for 4k laptops and Google.

If I take 30 hours to set up my server with the laggy mouse and keyboard double typing is it going to be crappy for it's intended purpose of sharing files too? Since Linux is kernal console based and the GUI is alien. Will the GUI problems affect the function. Since I have taken a few weeks off work to set up this server and can't really justify more time for a bug that may not be addressed for 3 months.

Thanks,
Bob
You did get a reply from David. Are you subscribed to this list? Check your email and Spam folder.

I vaguely remember my mouse doing similar stuff, that looked like unreliable USB connection, requiring me to click its buttons to make mouse cursor move again.
The problem was gone after I plugged this mouse into a different USB port.
If I switch it to previous USB port, it will exhibit same problems. And when I plug an USB thumb drive into same possibly problematic port it works without problems.

If switching usb ports doesn't fix the problem for you, can you tell us more information about your mouse\keyboard and setup (is it wired connection, using usb-hub or kvm switch)? Is there something useful in the logs (/var/log/syslog)?
It's has to be something with your setup, because others don't have same problems.

--
With kindest regards, Alexander.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org