Re: printing on a remote usb printer

On Wed, 11 Dec 2019 22:30:01 +0100 (CET)
Pierre Frenkiel <pierre.frenkiel@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to configure a print queue using a remote usb printer.
> I found on Internet the following recommended config:
>
>     DeviceURI ipp://192.168.1.12:631/printers/ljp

I'm going to assume you've adjusted the URI to suit your local
situation. That includes both the IP address and the name and path of
the printer.

Did you use CUPS to set up the printer and the printer queue?
Discovering USB printers on other machines seems to be built in to CUPS
these days. First, be sure the printer is shareable.
http://localhost:631/help/sharing.html?QUERY=sharing

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com