Re: dropbox security situation

On Wed, 11 Dec 2019 01:49:14 -0300
riveravaldez <riveravaldezmail@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/10/19, Celejar <celejar@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, 8 Dec 2019 06:48:12 +0100
> > <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

> >> One example for the other side of the pond is riseup.net -- but they
> >> don't offer nextcloud, afaik; mail, mailing lists, wikis, pastebin,
> >> off the top of my head.
> >
> > And they have a .. very particular ideology they're pushing:
> >
> > "Our purpose is to aid in the creation of a free society, a world with
> > freedom from want and freedom of expression, a world without oppression
> > or hierarchy, where power is shared equally. We do this by providing
> > communication and computer resources to allies engaged in struggles
> > against capitalism and other forms of oppression.""
> >
> > Celejar
> >

> "Free society", "freedom", "freedom of expression", "without
> oppression"..., seems pretty "debian ideology" to me. Not so "very
> particular"...

Although some individual Debian developers and users may flatly oppose
any notion of hierarchy and consider capitalism a form of oppression,
I'm pretty sure that those ideas are not official Debian doctrine.
The Debian project itself, of course, has a pretty rigid hierarchy, and
does not share power equally.

Celejar