Re: [OT] Google security

The Wanderer writes:
> Hmm. In my lexicon, crimes are defined by statute. How does your
> definition differ?

Crimes are acts that intentionally harm people (with a few exceptions
and special cases).  Statute violations are acts or states (e.g,
possession of certain substances or objects) that a government has
decided to punish people for.  Often they coincide.  Often they don't
(see Andrei's example of it being a "crime" to listen to certain radio
stations).
--
John "When I use a word it means just what I choose it to mean"  Hasler
jhasler@newsguy.com