Re: dropbox security situation

Quoting John Hasler (2019-12-09 21:17:39)
>  Jonas Smedegaard writes:
> > I dislike APG because it generates passwords difficult to remember -
> > without aiding in how to deal with that, which has a high risk of
> > passwords getting stored on physical notes in the top drawer...
>
> Bruce Schneier recommends writing passwords down and then keeping the
> document containing them secure.

Yes, and that's what the tool "pass" helps you do.

(among others, and you can choose to debate all options to death here if
you really realllly want).

Even better is to reduce the use of passwords, e.g. using monkeysphere -
but that's a whole new discussion.

 - Jonas