Re: [OT] Google security

 Nicholas Geovanis writes:
> You are safe (now) so others' freedoms need not be respected. Your
> first jump down the slippery slope :-) Jefferson the slave-master
> would have said that you have taken one hand off the wolf's ears.
> Good luck :-) don't let go the other ear or you become the slave this
> time......

You clearly didn't read the rest of what I wrote.  Attempting to use
technical measures to prevent NSA from analyzing the packets I send off
to Web sites should they choose to do so is hopeless.  The correct
approach to that problem is through the political process (limit their
budget).  However, they do not pose an immediate threat of injury.
Criminals do.  Concentrate technical efforts on the latter threat, where
they have some hope of working.  Concentrate political efforts on the
former.
--
John Hasler
jhasler@newsguy.com